Water quality varies depending on location. In some areas, total dissolved solids can be sustained at or below 250 ppm, eliminating pre-treatment measures for effective waterjet operation. However, in areas where the total dissolved solids (TDS) rise in excess of 250 ppm, an OMAX Reverse Osmosis System can be just the assurance you need to provide clean, pure water to your equipment.
Benefits & Features
- Can remove up to 90% of total dissolved solids in water
- Protects OMAX and MAXIEM abrasive waterjet systems to maximize machine uptime
- Virtually hands-free operation
- Excess pure water output can be used for other equipment in a shop (such as EDM, etc.)
- Inexpensive monthly filter changes
- Two types of pre-treatment filters: 5-micron and carbon black
- Includes a digital total dissolved solids meter for quick visual review
- Time clock initiated water softener system capable of a 10 gpm flow rate with 45,000 grains removed
- Sturdy powder-coated steel frame designed for out of the way wall mounting
- Two 4” x 40” membranes capable of handling over 4,000 gallons per day at 77 psi
What is Reverse Osmosis?
To understand reverse osmosis, you must first understand osmosis. During natural osmosis, water flows from a less concentrated solution through a semipermeable membrane to a more concentrated saline solution until concentrations on both sides of the membrane are equal.
Reverse osmosis requires external pressure to reverse natural osmotic flow. As pressure is applied to the saline solution, water flows from a more concentrated saline solution through the semipermeable membrane.