The Collision Sensing Terrain Follower is an essential tool for working with uneven surfaces. The innovative design allows you to set the machine standoff once at the start and then the Collision Sensing Terrain Follower constantly and continuously compensates for material height changes to maintain precise standoff. In addition to maintaining precise standoff, the Collision Sensing Terrain Follower also detects potential collisions and pauses the machine to avoid hardware damage. The simple and compact design requires no additional programming, and is easily retrofittable to any Motorized Z-Axis or Tilt-A-Jet cutting head.
With the Collision Sensing Terrain Follower, the raw plate material does not need to be precision-machined beforehand, allowing for the use of lower-cost materials. Material stresses can release during the cutting process without damaging the cutting head or reducing the quality of cut. The continuous height compensation coupled with collision detection maximizes machine uptime while maintaining high precision throughout the cutting process.
Benefits & Features
- Simple setup and operation
- Automatically maintains the correct nozzle standoff throughout the cutting process
- Adjusts automatically to uneven surfaces; reduces need for additional programming
- Constantly senses necessary height adjustments when activated, unlike other contour following products on the market
- Reduces potential equipment damage from nozzle collisions
- No special programming required
- No requirement to map the elevation of your material—simply move the nozzle to where you want to begin cutting and push start
- Electrical connections armored for durability
- Robust sealing to withstand the abrasive waterjet environment
- No matter where you are located in the world, you’ll receive effective technical support to ensure your CSTF is operating at its highest levels. With hundreds of active units in the field, our technicians are strategically located to meet customer needs.
- Linear encoder senses changes in material height during cutting operations
- A collision detector protects the nozzle and related hardware from damage
- Built-in containment guard minimizes nozzle splash and spray during machining
- Easy field retrofit to a Motorized Z-Axis or Tilt-A-Jet
- Heavy duty liquid-tight electrical fitting with spring-type strain relief
- O-ring seal bulk-head air fittings with protective boots