The A-Jet is a completely software-controlled multi-axis cutting head that greatly expands the versatility of the OMAX JetMachining Center. With a cutting range from 0° to 60°, the A-Jet can easily cut beveled edges, angled sides, and countersinks. Advanced features in the Intelli-MAX Software Suite allow the A-Jet to compensate for taper and easily create complex 3D shapes. With its inherent high level of positioning accuracy, the A-Jet is capable of cutting parts that require no secondary finishing, significantly reducing part production time.
Benefits & Features
- Eliminates secondary machining and grinding for fabrication processes, ideal for common welding projects
- Easily creates countersinks and weld-ready edges
- Precision angular motion can create unique 3D parts
- Fully automatic taper compensation to minimize taper on finished parts
- OMAX-unique High Angle Fusible Mixing Tube protects precision mechanism
- Cutting angle ranges from 0° to 60°
- Three modes of taper compensation
- Supplied with a MAXJET 5i Nozzle, which includes an OMAX High Angle Fusible Mixing Tube
- Designed for high flow/high power abrasive waterjet applications with multiple pumps by using large diameter tubing with minimal pressure loss
- Features a fixed focal point design, where the XYZ axes do not need to move as the head tilts
- Terrain Follower automatically adjusts to accommodate warped flat plate
- Rotary Axis allows for complex 6-axis 3D parts and precision beveled pipe fittings
- 0.030" Fusible Mixing Tube for finer kerf size
- A bridge-style OMAX JetMachining Center (for cantilever-style OMAX JetMachining Centers, contact an OMAX sales representative for details)
- OMAX 9-axis PC-based controller
- OMAX Intelli-MAX 18 Software Suite or later for taper compensation
The A-Jet is capable of fully automatic taper compensation, resulting in parts with square edges. Taper compensation is fully software controlled and requires no extra programming, simplifying production and reducing secondary machining.
Weld Prep Cutting
The A-Jet makes cutting bevels simple, and software controls help to eliminate taper.
Through advanced yet easy-to-use software enhancements such as XData, the A-Jet is capable of cutting complex three dimensional shapes quickly and accurately. Simply set the cutting angle to the drawing entity, and the software automatically sets the A-Jet to accurately and quickly cut the shape.